CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|ATTORNEY@SWARTZLAW.COM
//Candle sparks condo fire; college student, tenant die

Candle sparks condo fire; college student, tenant die

Amount of settlement: $3.5 million

A college student and a tenant died in a fire at a Boston condominium. Power was out in the neighborhood due to an underground electrical fault and candles were being used for illumination. In the early morning hours, after the occupants of the condominium had gone to sleep, a fire broke out. The college student and one of the tenants died in the fire, while another occupant was injured. There was evidence that the condo building alarm did not sound in time to alert the occupants and that the smoke detector did not sound at all. The plaintiffs brought suit against the tenant, the condominium owner and the building owner and management.

Facebook Comments
By |2018-07-07T15:43:56+00:00February 8th, 2010|Firm News|0 Comments

About the Author:

Swartz & Swartz
Swartz & Swartz, P.C., located in the heart of downtown Boston on the historic Freedom Trail, is one of this nation's most respected trial law firms. Our team of pre-eminent Boston lawyers and advocates represents victims in a broad range of civil litigation matters, serving as chief trial counsel in scores of million-dollar, record-setting landmark cases.