There are regulations in place in every state to ensure that tragedies like the Surfside Building collapse does not happen, but unfortunately there is a communication gap in the chain of command where defects and major issues are still missed.
There are building inspectors whose job is to for various defects that are telltale signs of structural defects that could be dangerous:
- Rust stains on the edge of your building that originate at random
- Cracks which appear either on internal or external walls and go up or down the building in a step-like manner
- Water leaks or concrete cracks/brittleness which cannot be tracked to an exact area above the leak
- Brick growth/expansion which causes displacement and/or windows and doors to not fit as soundly as before
- Lintels and arch bars (horizontal structure above doors and windows) show signs of rust and cracking of the brickwork
- Balconies which are cracking and leaking
- Large pieces of concrete are falling from the structure
David Angueira elaborates more on the possible reasons on why these issues were missed at Surfside Collapse.
Of course, our Massachusetts lawyers are all uniquely qualified, dedicated to excellence and focused on meeting individual client needs. This, too, helps to set us apart from the competition and makes Swartz & Swartz the right choice if you are looking for a Boston lawyer.
Our impressive track record is only one aspect of our reputation; we are equally proud of the personal relationships we build with each of our clients.
Premises liability lawyer
In any situation, Swartz & Swartz, P.C. is dedicated to helping clients who are the victims of negligent maintenance pursue legal action so they can be fairly compensated. We are committed to ensuring that the victims of negligent building practices are compensated for their injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries due to negligent actions and would like to speak with a premises liability litigation attorney, contact the law office of Swartz and Swartz, P.C.
Mr. Angueira is an accomplished senior trial lawyer at Swartz & Swartz, P.C., who has obtained record breaking results for his clients. He was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 1982 and the New York Bar in 1983. He specializes Employment Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, Discrimination, Whistle Blower and False Claims.
If you or someone you know, needs help from a lawyer, contact the law offices of Swartz & Swartz, use our live chat, or send us a message using the form below and we’ll get in touch to assess your case and how we can help.