A 28-year-old woman who was 8 months pregnant was standing in front of her stove in a cotton nightgown. The electric stove oven was designed with French doors which open sideways instead of vertically. The oven heating element ignited the nightgown, causing the woman to sustain 75% body burns and to lose her baby. Besides the action against the nightgown manufacturer, there exists a case against the stove manufacturer. The design of the oven doors was unsafe because unlike the conventional oven door, it did not provide two feet of safe clearance space but allowed the user to stand dangerously close to the exposed oven heating element.