CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|ATTORNEY@SWARTZLAW.COM

Defective Match

The plaintiff, a 7-year-old girl, struck a match in order to light a candle. A spark from the match ignited the entire match book, which literally exploded in her hands, igniting the cotton flannelette nightgown she was wearing. She was burned over 70% of her body. The striking surface of the matchbook was improperly positioned by the manufacturer.

Facebook Comments
By |2018-07-10T14:29:05+00:00July 10th, 2018|Products Liability - Flammable fabrics|0 Comments

About the Author:

Swartz & Swartz