A 12-year-old girl was attending an outdoor barbecue. She had to go in the house to answer a phone call. As she dashed into the house she ran into a glass door which shattered from the impact. As a result she received severe lacerations and permanent facial disfigurement. There was no attempt by the manufacturer to design the glass so that it would be visible if clean. The glass was also dangerously defective in that it was not the type of safety glass which, when shattered, breaks into a harmless powder-like substance.[23]

Facebook Comments