Car and Motor Vehicle Accidents are among the leading causes of death and injuries in the United States. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash or a car collision, a Boston car accident lawyer can help. Contact Swartz & Swartz, P.C. today to learn more about your legal rights after a car or auto accident.
Everyone knows that the Boston traffic can be brutal. Although Boston’s Big Dig project decreased the average total vehicle- hours of travel time on the highways by 62%, a 2008 Boston Globe report asserted that the traffic waiting time for the majority of trips actually increased as a result of demand induced by the increased road capacity in Boston. With nearly 5 million drivers in Massachusetts and the City of Boston processing about 536,000 vehicles per weekday, congestion into and around Boston has only gotten worse in 2017, with the average driver spending 60 hours stuck in traffic during the year — two more hours than in 2016. All of this together makes Boston the seventh-worst traffic city in the country. With such a high volume of road traffic the chances of auto crashes only increase. Sadly the data shows Boston to be one of the U.S. cities with the highest car accident rates and home of some of the most dangerous drivers. Victims of car and auto accident negligence may have legal remedies available and may be able to recover compensation for their injuries. However, the period after the accident and the preparation of a car accident case can be complex, especially if the accident involves wrongful death or catastrophic injury.
Car Accident Insurance Coverage Information
After a Boston car accident, it is important to have a complete understanding of the issues involved including:
- The types of drivers’ insurance coverage available, including liability insurance, excess or umbrella insurance, and auto insurance coverage to address particular losses such as medical bills and lost wages.
- Causes of the car accident. Reconstruction of the automobile accident may be necessary and typically requires the involvement of expert witnesses.
- Product liability matters in cases where design and manufacturing defects contributed to the accident.
- The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) rules and regulations, as well as governmental oversight authority.
- Rules on imposing liability for the negligent operation of a vehicle that was leased or rented by the operator, as well as rules on imposing liability on vehicles used in the course of business and vehicles operated within the scope of work for a state or local governmental agency.
- What is personal injury protection? Personal injury protection insurance, or PIP insurance, removes the need for the driver who is not at fault in an accident to sue the faulty driver’s insurance company to cover the damages. This is called a no-fault car insurance system and usually results in quicker and less complicated car accident compensation.
A Boston car crash attorney at Swartz & Swartz, P.C. has extensive experience regarding all types of car accident issues. We can also work towards a fair settlement if appropriate, help you understand your legal rights, and we can work with you to enforce those rights.