As per a report by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, there were about 12.1 collisions per day on the roads of Boston in 2019. In addition to the human toll of car accidents, there’s also a significant financial cost. In 2010, the cost of car accidents in the United States was estimated at $242 billion. This includes things like medical expenses, property damage, and lost productivity.
Many car accidents are caused by distracted driving. Texting is the most common form of distracted driving, but there are other dangerous activities that can take a driver’s attention away from the road, including talking on the phone, eating, and even changing the radio station.
If you have been in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may feel helpless or confused. The best option is to get the help of a car accident lawyer. They will be able to understand the details of your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Boston, A Boston car accident lawyer can help you recover damages for your injuries, property damage, and other losses. Here are some ways that a car accident attorney can help:
- Investigating the accident. A car accident lawyer will investigate the accident to determine who is at fault. They might conduct a thorough investigation of the accident scene. The lawyer can also help you obtain medical records and accident reports.
- Gathering evidence. A car accident lawyer will gather evidence to support your claim, such as medical records, bills, and photos of the accident.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. A car accident lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to try to get you the best possible settlement.
- Filing a lawsuit. If the insurance company refuses to give you a fair settlement, a car accident lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Trial experience. If your case goes to trial, an experienced car accident lawyer will be able to effectively advocate for you. A car accident lawyer with trial experience will know how to present your case in the best light and how to cross-examine opposing witnesses.
- Medical records. Medical records can be important evidence in a car accident case. A car accident lawyer will request copies of medical records to document the injuries you’ve suffered.
- Property damage. Property damage can be used as evidence in a car accident case. A car accident lawyer will request copies of receipts or estimates to document the damage.
- Insurance records. Insurance records can also be helpful in a car accident case. A car accident lawyer will request copies of insurance policies and records of any claims made.
If you’re involved in a car accident, there are certain things you need to do in order to protect yourself and your interests. First, call the police and make sure to get a police report. Next, get the contact information for the other driver, as well as any witnesses to the accident.Then, contact your insurance company to report the accident and start the claims process. Once you have reported the accident to your insurance company, it may be time to find a car accident attorney to help make sure you get the full compensation you deserve.