Whether a car, SUV, truck, motorcycle, or ATVs, motor vehicle accidents with any of these share several similarities. Although if you want to seek damages caused by heavy-duty 18-wheelers or other commercial trucks, then you must be prepared for unforeseen complexities that will most likely arise. A car accident lawyer in Boston can help you fight against any and all of these.
The first reason is the extensive subjugation of the truck industries under federal and state regulations. The FMCSA limits the number of hours per day a driver can drive and requires driver background checks. Semi-trailer trucks are 20 times heavier than the average passenger vehicle. Therefore, the extra weight greatly influences collisions.Statistics tell us that accidents involving large trucks make up for about 75% of all fatal passenger vehicle accidents.
Why do you need assistance from the top personal injury lawyers in Boston?
Truck accidents can get complicated because liability has a high chance to be shared between the driver, the trucking company that hired the driver, and the company that installed the defective part that resulted in the loss of control of the vehicle.
Therefore, top personal injury lawyers can help in identifying the parties liable, those that should bear the responsibility. Your attorney should be highly experienced in accident investigations and detecting the responsible party.
Remedies of Damages in Cases of Wrongful Death:
- In the first category of wrongful death, damages can be recovered starting from when the negligent act causing the death occurred until the decedent’s death. Damages may include medical expenses, the deceased’s mental and physical pain and suffering, lost wages, and funeral and burial expenses.
- The second category of damages includes the losses experienced by the descendants after the victim’s death. This category is meant to cover the amount of money the deceased would have earned if they had survived.
Parties Entitled to be Compensated:
In a wrongful death case, the court determines the damages to be awarded to the surviving family members. Several factors surround the possibility of the compensation, depending on the deceased’s relationship with their family members.
- Children: Minor children are affected the most due to the loss of their parents or guardians. They can recover damages for their emotional trauma and the lost relationship with their parents, including comfort and support.
- Spouse: A spouse is entitled to claim the lost companionship due to the deceased’s death and the emotional trauma that results from the death of their other half.
- Parents: The deceased’s parents can rightfully recover compensation for their emotional trauma and loss of their child’s loving presence and relationship.
Why consider Swartz & Swartz, P.C.?
For a start, let’s consider some facts. Boston is said to have the seventh-worst traffic in the country. With high traffic, crashes are likely to increase. Of course, there are several legal remedies available to rightfully claim compensation. Still, you would know that the period after suffering from an accident is quite complex, and preparing the case can be a complex task, especially if it involves wrongful death or catastrophic injuries.
Each case is different, and it’s important to understand whether the accused party was in fact at fault or not. The attorneys at Swartz & Swartz, P.C. have a well-coordinated team of experts and professionals that contribute to your case and compare your legal representations and rights. Our Boston auto accident lawyers are there to help throughout the entire litigation process; you can call (617) 742-1900 or, if you are outside the Boston area, call toll-free at 1-800-545-3732 to book your free consultation today!
If you or someone you know, needs help from a lawyer, contact the law offices of Swartz & Swartz, use our live chat, or send us a message using the form below and we’ll get in touch to assess your case and how we can help.