A husband and wife died as a result of being asphyxiated in their deluxe family camper. The couple had activated a generator to power the air conditioning unit inside the motor home.
The generator’s exhaust system had been improperly designed and installed by the manufacturer, allowing the carbon monoxide fumes to seep into the trailer.
Three children and their babysitter were poisoned by carbon monoxide gas in a motor home; as a result, one child died. A defective generator did not perform effectively, thereby allowing carbon monoxide exhaust to accumulate beneath the motor home. The deadly fumes seeped into the home through the floor, causing the injuries.