Yesterday afternoon in the northern section of the state, namely the Lawrence / Andover / Merrimack Valley area, there were several gas explosions related to a major gas leak in the area. Many homes were destroyed from explosions and fires, one young man was killed
Safety Tips For Surviving A Hurricane: Hurricane Florence is getting ready to wreak havoc on the Carolinas right now. From the end of August until the beginning of December is officially "Hurricane Season" along the Atlantic / Eastern seaboard and Gulf coastal areas of the United
A 19-year-old boy was killed in an attack in Viet Nam, when his rifle jammed as he was firing at the enemy at close range. The Army was aware that several rifles of the type in question were jamming, and has discovered that these rifles
A 20-year-old draftee was driving a jeep in a boot camp training exercise. While negotiating a turn in the road, he lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a clump of trees. The accident destroyed the vision in his left eye and left him
The plaintiff purchased a second-hand farm tractor from a local dealer. The day after he purchased it he was operating the tractor, and the pressure hose that operates the up and down position of the bucket, broke and the springpull came back and hit him
The plaintiff, a farmer, was operating his tractor which was equipped with a power winch designed to be used to pull or drag heavy objects. He was in the process of pulling a car up out of a ditch. He got out of the tractor
Four members of a family were severely burned in a fire in their home due to faulty electrical wiring. The wiring had been installed in blatant violation of the building code; the resultant fire was then rapidly spread by carpeting which had not been treated
A 1-year-old boy pulled a pipe from the hot water faucet out of its sleeve located in a cabinet under the bathroom sink of his family's mobile home. He sustained serious burns. The plaintiffs contended that the manufacturer of the mobile home did not consider
Plaintiffs purchased a new home from a local home builder. The builder had failed to install a hand railing on the outer portion of the cellar steps. The plaintiffs' five-year-old son, while going down the steps, fell some fifteen feet, off the side of the
The plaintiff released a mechanism in his snowblower designed to stop the blades in the snowblower. He then stuck his hand in the chute to remove clogged snow. Three fingers were severed by the blades which were still in motion.
The plaintiff was cutting wood in his backyard when the chainsaw he was using kicked back. He suffered permanent and crippling injuries. The chainsaw had no anti-kickback device and the instruction manual and the chainsaw itself had inadequate warnings.
A 15-year-old boy had been using the family snowblower to clear the snow from the driveway. The snow was wet and heavy and kept clogging the machine. When the machine was stopped the boy reached in to unclog some of the snow which had collected