The woman and her husband were walking down the aisle of a home improvement store when a large shower stall was pushed by a store employee from a high rack where it had been stored by the home improvement store. The shower stall fell
Sixteen-year-old convenience-store customer sustained catastrophic anoxic brain injury when an altercation ensued at an unmonitored outdoor alcove of a convenience store; the alcove was a known "blind spot" to convenience store employees. The convenience store, which was a standard design built to convenience store
Minor was electrocuted when she came into contact with a high voltage uninsulated live primary electric power line owned by defendant. The line had fallen during a major storm, and had remained down for an estimated 27 hours despite more than 25 calls to
Plaintiff, a 15-year-old girl, and her friends were walking in their suburban neighborhood following a winter blizzard. The streets had been plowed. A live electric wire was hanging down on the sidewalk. The plaintiff came into contact with the wire and was electrocuted. There
The plaintiff's decedent died as a result of exposure to live electric power lines and wires adjacent to the family home premises. The plaintiff charged the public utility with negligently constructing and selecting power lines and wires which were dangerous and defective, that lacked
A young man, upon leaving a friend's house after a party, bumped into the guy wire of a telephone pole and was electrocuted. The guy wire was electrified as a result of defective crosswiring and grounding.
Plaintiff, a 40-year-old laborer, was installing aluminum siding on a house. Power lines were located in close proximity to the house where he was working. The insulation on the power lines was frayed and broken and the live wires were exposed. The power company
A woman shopper on her way down a set of stairs in a department store, fell, sustaining severe and permanent hip injury. Plaintiff's expert concluded that the fall was causally connected to the design of the stairway. A problem existed with respect to the