CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|ATTORNEY@SWARTZLAW.COM
Home/Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

Flammable Tent, Bedding

Three-year-old girl sustained severe burns resulting in death when the tent in which she was sleeping ignited after her bedding came in contact with a lit candle. The fire occurred in connection with a camp meeting event at the XXX campground. The girl's family attended

Flammable Tent, Bedding2018-07-10T14:48:49-04:00

Pajama Top

On one Saturday morning in February, a young girl and her friend were preparing breakfast at home. When the young girl reached across the electric stove, the lit burner ignited the bottom of the pajama top she was wearing. The label on the pajamas indicated

Pajama Top2018-07-10T14:47:38-04:00

Uniform

Workers were catastrophically burned while wearing uniforms provided by their employer. At the time of the fire, the workers were trying to extinguish a fire that had started in a feed bin. In the course of their efforts, a flash fire occurred, igniting the workers'

Uniform2018-07-10T14:45:14-04:00

Robe

The plaintiff, a 43-year-old woman, lit a cigarette and was walking in her apartment when, experiencing pain, she looked down to see her bathrobe was engulfed in flames. She suffered severe burns over more than 60% of her body. Examination of the robe revealed that

Robe2018-07-10T14:41:46-04:00

Pajamas

The plaintiff, an 11-year-old boy, was severely burned after the cotton pajamas which he was wearing were ignited by the burner on a stove in the family's kitchen. Several attempts to extinguish the flames were unsuccessful. Investigation revealed that the particular fabric used in the

Pajamas2018-07-10T14:40:14-04:00

Child’s Nightgown; Trick Candles

The plaintiff, a 6-year-old girl was seriously burned over portions of her torso when her cotton nightgown was ignited by a "trick" party candle. Suit was brought against both the nightgown and candle manufacturers. Plaintiffs contended that the materials used in the nightgown were highly

Child’s Nightgown; Trick Candles2018-07-10T14:37:02-04:00

Carpet

A 63-year-old man was found dead in his home by firemen who were called to the home after a fire was reported by a neighbor. After investigation it was learned that the fire was started as the result of a faulty pressure regulator on the

Carpet2018-07-10T14:35:35-04:00

Poncho

The plaintiff, a 5-year-old girl, had been given a new plaid poncho, made from a synthetic material, which had a decorative fringe along its edges. The fringe caught fire, and the entire poncho was engulfed in flames. The girl sustained massive disfiguring burn injuries.

Poncho2018-07-10T14:34:52-04:00

Child’s Nightgown; Space Heater

The plaintiff, a 5-year-old girl, was seriously burned over 60% of her body when her cotton flannelette nightgown burst into flame after it was ignited by flames from a space heater located in the family's bathroom. The space heater was not properly guarded so as

Child’s Nightgown; Space Heater2018-07-10T14:32:31-04:00

Child’s Bib

The plaintiff, an 8-year-old child, was wearing a cotton terry cloth bib, decorated as a Christmas novelty, which he had received in a Christmas package from a relative in another state. While he was lighting an advent candle the bib came in contact with the

Child’s Bib2018-07-10T14:31:08-04:00

Defective Match

The plaintiff, a 7-year-old girl, struck a match in order to light a candle. A spark from the match ignited the entire match book, which literally exploded in her hands, igniting the cotton flannelette nightgown she was wearing. She was burned over 70% of her

Defective Match2018-07-10T14:29:05-04:00

Permapress Shirt

The plaintiff started a fire near some junked cars in a field to keep warm during a cold winter day. He was wearing a permapress shirt composed of 50% cotton and 50% polyester under his jacket. Suddenly the fire seemed to explode and the right

Permapress Shirt2018-07-10T14:27:06-04:00