The plaintiff, a 5-year-old girl, was seriously burned over 60% of her body when her cotton flannelette nightgown burst into flame after it was ignited by flames from a space heater located in the family’s bathroom.
The space heater was not properly guarded so as to prevent fabric or other materials from coming in contact with the heating element.
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.
Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.