Plaintiff, a 40-year-old laborer, was installing aluminum siding on a house. Power lines were located in close proximity to the house where he was working.
The insulation on the power lines was frayed and broken and the live wires were exposed. The power company knew that the plaintiff was working near the lines, but failed to install insulating sleeves over the wires. A portion of a piece of aluminum siding plaintiff was working with came in contact with the line, and plaintiff sustained severe burns to both arms, requiring amputation.