The plaintiff, a 43-year-old woman, lit a cigarette and was walking in her apartment when, experiencing pain, she looked down to see her bathrobe was engulfed in flames.
She suffered severe burns over more than 60% of her body. Examination of the robe revealed that the robe was composed of a fabric which when ignited would burn rapidly and intensely. Suit was brought against both the manufacturer and retailer.
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.
Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.