As per the CDC, annually, around 39 million individuals in the US suffer injuries that require immediate medical attention. Learn how a Boston personal injury lawyer can help when you’re injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Personal injuries are a terrible thing to go through. Some of them are minor ones, while others lead to emergency room visits. When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s intentional or unintentional acts, you’re entitled to compensation.
An attorney can help you settle personal injury claims.
Who are Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury lawyers are civil litigators who represent people who have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or a careless act. In addition to representing the case, the attorney provides assistance in collecting evidence and settling claims on behalf of their plaintiffs.
A personal injury attorney can represent you in different types of cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Premises/product liabilities
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Aviation accidents
- Wrongful death
- Legal malpractice
In short, a Boston personal injury lawyer can help you handle your case in the right manner.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
After an accident occurs, the injured individual is not in the condition to examine the scene, collect evidence, and talk to eyewitnesses. Here is when a personal injury lawyer can help you.
The attorney helps in:
- Collecting Evidence: To get the rightful compensation, you need to prove your claim. An effective method to do this is to visit the accident scene and gather the necessary evidence. When you’re injured, the attorney collects evidence for you. This includes checking the accident area for real-time footage and interviewing eyewitnesses.
- Documentation: It’s an attorney’s responsibility to collect all the documents required to file a personal injury claim. Likewise, if additional documents are needed, a lawyer arranges to get them for you.
- Representing Your Case: An attorney represents your case in the court properly. From providing evidence and handling counter questions, there are many things that a lawyer takes care of for you.
- Settling the Claim: Apart from representing your case, a lawyer negotiates and settles personal injury claims on your behalf.
How to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
What to look for in a personal injury attorney? How to pick a personal injury lawyer? Similar questions arise when you are looking for an attorney for your personal injury case.
Here are some questions to ask a Boston personal injury lawyer before hiring them for your case:
What’s your experience in handling my type of case?
Personal injury is an umbrella term. Before hiring an attorney for your case, ensure that the lawyer is capable of handling your case. An attorney should be capable of handling cases like:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fell
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Animal bites
Who will work on my case?
When you hire a personal injury law firm, it can assign anyone to your case. To ensure that only an experienced professional is assigned to your case, ask the firm about it. Also, talk to the lawyer and ask how they plan to proceed with the case.
What is your courtroom experience?
Many injury cases do not go into court. It means an attorney may have worked on several personal injuries cases but represented only a few of them during the trial. To increase your chances of winning the case and getting the rightful claim, check a lawyer’s courtroom experience.
Come to Swartz & Swartz or Contact us at (617) 742-1900 to know more about a personal injury case.
If you or someone you know, needs help from a lawyer, contact the law offices of Swartz & Swartz, use our live chat, or send us a message using the form below and we’ll get in touch to assess your case and how we can help.