A car accident can be a very traumatic event. Recently, for example, a deadly crash took place in Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The police report said that on May 7, a black Acura SRX which was being driven by 18-year-old Zachary Elfman, crashed into a tree. Police said that when they reached the location, smoke was coming from the engine, a female passenger, later identified as Katarina Boskovic, was not breathing or responsive, and another passenger was seriously injured.
Later, Elfman was charged with reckless homicide and operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, causing bodily injury. A pre-trial hearing was scheduled for Elfman in May 2023.
Elfman’s case isn’t the only one that has taken place on the busy Massachusetts roads. Every day, dozens of accidents occur, especially in Boston. If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident, once you receive the medical attention that you need, hiring an experienced Boston car accident lawyer is a good next decision. A lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why should you hire a car accident lawyer?
The answer to that question depends on many factors. The lawyer will help you with your case, look for evidence, represent you in court, and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. Here are some things to consider:
- A lawyer can give you objective advice. When dealing with a legal issue, it can be difficult to see the situation clearly. A car accident lawyer can help you understand your options and make the best possible decision.
- A lawyer can help you to navigate the legal system. They will analyze the accident to build a case proving that the other driver was at fault and that you suffered damages due to the accident.
- A lawyer can save you time and money. If you try to handle a legal issue on your own, you may end up spending more time and money than you would if you hired a lawyer.
- An accident lawyer can help you with complex state laws. In some states, traffic laws are more favorable to road accident victims, but some states have complex traffic laws. For example, if the at-fault driver does not have insurance, a car accident lawyer will help you navigate the process of getting the compensation you deserve.
- A lawyer can help you recover damages through compensation. Even if the accident didn’t cause serious medical injuries, you’re still entitled to receive compensation for your property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even punitive damages.
- You may be able to file a lawsuit against the person depending on your circumstances, with the help of an accident lawyer.
Hiring a lawyer may sometimes seem unnecessary at first if you have been in a car accident. But, when you consider all the possible issues of your case, it becomes clear that consulting a car accident lawyer for legal advice is always a good idea. For more information, contact us