A young man was removing paint from his basement floor with a paint remover that had a toluene base.
The hot water heater pilot light ignited the vapors causing an explosion which resulted in severe burn injuries causing the man’s death. There were no warnings that the vapors were flammable or that the pilot light was an open flame able to ignite vapors.
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.
Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.