A housewife purchased a cleaning agent which was designed and sold to be used to clean stoves.
While she was cleaning the grates of the stove with a cloth impregnated with the cleansing agent, the cloth suddenly ignited. The flame spread to the can of cleaning agent which was on an adjacent counter. There was an explosion. The plaintiff threw the can into a sink filled with clear water. There was a secondary explosion and the plaintiff suffered severe burns on her hands and legs with permanent scarring. Although this product was combustible, it was advertised as non-flammable and contained no combustibility warnings.