Products Liability – Sports equipment
Rawlings Recalls Catcher’s Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury
This recall involves the Rawlings CHMACH-SR (Senior) Catchers Helmet. The recalled helmets have “MACH” printed on the hangtag originally attached to the helmet. “Rawlings” is printed on the side of the helmet and the “R” Rawlings logo is printed on the front center of the helmets with a gray chin strap. The plastic helmets were
Revolver – Accidental Discharge
Gentleman sustained catastrophic injuries when his revolver accidentally discharged, resulting in a bullet entering his brain. The revolver at issue was a notoriously defective Old Model single action revolver manufactured by the defendant gun manufacturer. It was called the Old Model because it was essentially devoid of safety devices that prevent or minimize the
34-year-old man was seriously injured when the snowmobile he was riding flipped over without warning. At the time of the accident, the man was circumnavigating a very large field at a speed of approximately 30 MPH. He was thrown from his seat and the vehicle rolled on top of him with the engine running
14-year-old boy was pitching in a baseball game at baseball camp. The batter was approximately 20-25 feet away from the pitcher. The boy pitched the ball, the batter swung and the batted ball hit the boy in the face. The boy fell to the ground. The boy sustained serious facial injury.
The plaintiff, a 17-year-old student, was playing team handball when he was struck in the eye with the ball. As a result he suffered a severe and permanent eye injury. Protective equipment, such as a face mask or goggles, would have prevented the injury.
Air Rifle – Sports Equipment
14-year-old boy sustained eye injury when he was shot in the eye with a BB from an air rifle shot by his 14-year-old friend. The friend pointed the BB gun at the plaintiff and pulled the trigger. The air rifle was owned by the plaintiff's family. The plaintiff and his friend testified they believed
Gun and Ammunition
The decedent kept a.38 caliber gun for recreation and for protection. On the day in question three armed men entered his premises and asked him to hand over money. The plaintiff reached for his gun and attempted to fire it three times. But each time the gun did not discharge the bullet. During this
A 16-year-old high school senior was playing quarterback for his high school football team. As a result of being tackled he suffered severe head injuries. Investigation showed that the plastic helmet he was wearing was cracked and was insufficient to absorb the shock of his head hitting the ground after the tackle. This design
The plaintiff was injured when the golf cart he was a passenger in tipped over as it was going up a hill. An engineer studied the vehicle and determined that it was negligently designed--the golf cart was constructed so that its center of gravity was such that it could not safely negotiate an incline.
Hockey Face Mask
A 15-year-old boy purchased a hockey goalie face mask. While playing goalie, he was struck in the face by a hockey puck shot by another teenage boy. The metal screening on the mask did not absorb the force of the puck, and the plaintiff suffered a broken nose and other facial injuries. There was
The plaintiff was injured when a power head for a spear gun he was using exploded and caused serious, permanent injury to his thumb. The plaintiff was a dentist in the Air Force. He was able to continue in the general practice of dentistry but will not be able to become an oral surgeon.
The plaintiff purchased a box of rifle cartridges from a major discount chain store. When he fired the rifle, the barrel ruptured, resulting in his losing an eye. An expert analysis of the remaining cartridges revealed that they were negligently manufactured and contained an excessive amount of gun powder.
Parachute Opening Pin
A 22-year-old student went to a parachute jumping club to take lessons. When he made his first jump the main parachute (which was attached to a static line in the plane) failed to open. The student plummeted to his death. Subsequent investigation has revealed that the metal parachute pin was defective and this was
A young lady in a recreational parachute was being towed by a motorboat. She was about 20 feet in the air when the harness she was wearing released. She sustained an injury to her spinal cord resulting in permanent quadriplegia. There is strong evidence that the harness was improperly designed and that this was
SEND US A MESSAGE
To get help or to setup a free consultation, please call us directly at (617) 742-1900, or fill out the form below.