“Human Error” Said To Cause Gas Explosion In Springfield, MA

Human error was the cause of Friday’s natural gas explosion in downtown Springfield that leveled a strip club, damaged dozens of other buildings, and injured at least 19 people, officials said today.   In a statement, State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan’s office said the explosion

“Human Error” Said To Cause Gas Explosion In Springfield, MA2021-04-16T06:11:49-04:00

Woman Severely Burned In North End Apartment Fire

A woman suffered severe burns in a four-alarm fire at an apartment building in the North End late Tuesday night. The fire was large enough that as many as 100 firefighters arrived at the scene. The fire at 26 Cooper St. started shortly after 11

Woman Severely Burned In North End Apartment Fire2021-04-16T15:26:32-04:00

Fire on Nuclear Sub Injures Seven

A fire began on a nuclear-powered submarine in Kittery, Maine. The fire, which began around 5:40 pm., burned for nearly 12 hours spreading to the ship’s forward compartments, including living quarters, command centers, and even a torpedo room.   Investigators are not yet certain about

Fire on Nuclear Sub Injures Seven2021-04-17T03:47:32-04:00

Disaster Explosion in Haverhill leaves a Family Devastated with Injury and Death

A disastrous explosion in Haverhill, Massachusetts has left a family devastated, after serious injuries and loss of life. Firefighters arrived at the scene after neighbors reported hearing an explosion on the first floor.   An elderly woman on oxygen was killed, and two of her

Disaster Explosion in Haverhill leaves a Family Devastated with Injury and Death2021-04-17T03:51:28-04:00

Home Gas Explosion Leads to Death

Home Gas Explosion Leads to Death Two passing motorists pulled 84-year-old Robert Silvy from underneath the rubble of his burned-down home in Ponca City. A day later, Silvy passed away at Via Christi Hospital in Wichita, Kansas as a result of his severe burn injuries.

Home Gas Explosion Leads to Death2021-04-17T04:40:00-04:00

Six Injured in Boat Explosion on Smith Mountain Lake

Six people aboard a 31-year-old cabin cruiser suffered injuries from an explosion caused by a gasoline leak in the stern.  On Saturday, gasoline vapors sparked by the boat's engine caused the boat to catch fire. Sargent Karl Marting, a conservation police officer said the fireball

Six Injured in Boat Explosion on Smith Mountain Lake2021-04-16T06:36:57-04:00

Two Dead in Michigan Gas Explosion

On December 29th, 2010, a suspected natural gas explosion leveled a 44-year-old family-owned furniture store near Detroit, in Wayne, Michigan, killing two employees and leaving the owner critically injured.   The Fire Chief reported that the fire department had discovered the bodies of a 54-year-old

Two Dead in Michigan Gas Explosion2021-04-17T04:14:57-04:00
Go to Top