A 63-year-old man was found dead in his home by firemen who were called to the home after a fire was reported by a neighbor.


After investigation, it was learned that the fire was started as the result of a faulty pressure regulator on the outside LP gas tank. It was also found that the floor heater which was serviced by this gas was not properly insulated. The medical examiner found that the plaintiff was overcome by toxic fumes emitted from the wall-to-wall carpet which was located in direct proximity to the floor heater.

About the Author: James Swartz
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.

Keep Reading

Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.