CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|ATTORNEY@SWARTZLAW.COM
Home/Products Liability - Gas explosions

Underground Propane Gas Tank

Forty-two-year-old man sustained catastrophic burn injuries while filling an underground propane gas tank. Unknown to the man, the underground tank had been inactive for years and had developed a hole. When the propane was inserted into the tank, it leaked out onto the adjacent ground

Underground Propane Gas Tank2018-07-12T05:09:26-04:00

Unmarked Gas Line

Two city employees were killed, and five city employees and two residents were injured when an unmarked gas line was accidentally hit, causing a gas explosion. The evidence indicated that a city Department of Public Works (DPW) employee called a safety company to announce an

Unmarked Gas Line2018-07-10T15:12:59-04:00

Propane Gas Explosion

Woman was severely burned when propane sold by ZZZ ignited. ZZZ negligently failed to properly fill the propane container, failed to recertify said container despite regulations imposing a duty on ZZZ to do so. ZZZ also negligently inspected, tested, marketed, advertised, sold and distributed said

Propane Gas Explosion2018-07-10T15:12:05-04:00

Toluene

Explosion at varnish factory occurred when toluene was added to solvents in a drum; one worker died and another was injured. The toluene manufacturer failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions for using toluene. The warnings and instruction failed to alert users of the hazards

Toluene2018-07-10T15:08:57-04:00

Natural Gas Pipe; Condominium

Plaintiff, a 28-year-old woman was visiting her friend at her condominium. Unknown to them, since there was no warning odor, a natural gas pipe had broken. Gas seeped into the building, causing it to explode. As a result of the explosion, the plaintiff suffered serious

Natural Gas Pipe; Condominium2018-07-10T15:07:10-04:00

Gas Torch

The plaintiff's husband was working in a fiberglass bucket of a "cherry picker" using a gas torch unit. Suddenly there was an explosion and fire. The bottom of the bucket was burned out, and plaintiff's husband fell to the ground and died as a result

Gas Torch2018-07-10T15:05:36-04:00

Inadequate Safety Valve

Three members of a family were killed and another severely injured when a gas explosion destroyed the family home. The gas valve which fed the fireplace did not have a safety shut-off. In addition, it could not be determined by observing the valve whether the

Inadequate Safety Valve2018-07-10T15:03:18-04:00

Liquid Propane Gas; Inadequate Odorization

The plaintiff suffered extensive burns as a result of a flash fire that occurred when LPG propane gas leaked into the basement of his home. The propane, which had not been used previously, was delivered the day before the incident. The plaintiff charged that the

Liquid Propane Gas; Inadequate Odorization2018-07-10T15:02:24-04:00

Methyl Alcohol

Junior high school students were conducting science experiments in their classroom, using methyl alcohol recommended in their textbook. An explosion of the alcohol vapors occurred resulting in one of the students receiving severe and permanent burn injuries. The plaintiff presented evidence that the published text

Methyl Alcohol2018-07-10T14:59:45-04:00

Faulty Pressure Regulator

A 63-year-old man was found dead in his home by firemen who were called to the home after a fire was reported by a neighbor. After investigation it was learned that the fire was started as the result of a faulty pressure regulator on the

Faulty Pressure Regulator2018-07-10T14:58:48-04:00

Liquid Propane Gas; Hot Water Heater

The death of a young man in Ohio was caused by severe respiratory system burn injuries sustained in an LP gas explosion in the basement of his home. Unburnt LP gas was discharged through the burner head of a hot water heater which had become

Liquid Propane Gas; Hot Water Heater2018-07-10T14:56:49-04:00

Liquid Propane Gas; Trailer; Inadequate Warnings and Odorization

Husband, wife and their two children lived in a trailer. Husband awoke and attempted to light a propane heater that had been installed in the trailer. A flash fire occurred, resulting in burns to the husband, which ultimately caused his death eight days later. The

Liquid Propane Gas; Trailer; Inadequate Warnings and Odorization2018-07-10T14:56:02-04:00