Plaintiff and a friend were camping with a canvas tent. The tent was a winter-type tent and was equipped with a chimney to permit the use of a stove within the tent.
Although the tent manufacturer had previously made flame-retardant tents, it had stopped making them some years before and plaintiff’s tent was not flame-retarded. The tent caught on fire causing severe burns to the plaintiff.
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.
Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.