The plaintiff’s husband was working in a fiberglass bucket of a “cherry picker” using a gas torch unit. Suddenly there was an explosion and fire. The bottom of the bucket was burned out, and plaintiff’s husband fell to the ground and died as a result of the fire. The gas being used was heavier than air and collected in the bucket creating a “booby trap”. Numerous complaints and reports of less serious injuries had been made in connection with the particular type of gas used and the equipment being used in close proximity to it.
Swartz & Swartz2018-07-10T15:05:36-04:00