This case involves the design adequacy of glass-walled “fume Hoods” used in a laboratory at Boston Hospital. On January 26, 1968, a doctor was performing a perchloric acid digestion of organic materials.
An explosion occurred and the glass from the hood shattered. A 24-year-old employee of the college was killed by the flying glass. Suit was brought on the basis of the architect’s negligent failure to use wired glass or shatter-proof plastics.
Mr. Swartz, our Managing and Principal Attorney at Swartz & Swartz P.C., is a nationally recognized and respected trial attorney as well as consumer advocate. His practice focuses on cases involving negligence, torts, products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other claims involving catastrophic injuries.
Want more? Here are some other blog posts you might be interested in.