The plaintiff released a mechanism in his snowblower designed to stop the blades in the snowblower. He then stuck his hand in the chute to remove clogged snow. Three fingers were severed by the blades which were still in motion.
The plaintiff was cutting wood in his backyard when the chainsaw he was using kicked back. He suffered permanent and crippling injuries. The chainsaw had no anti-kickback device and the instruction manual and the chainsaw itself had inadequate warnings.
A 15-year-old boy had been using the family snowblower to clear the snow from the driveway. The snow was wet and heavy and kept clogging the machine. When the machine was stopped the boy reached in to unclog some of the snow which had collected
A 4-year-old girl came out of her house to talk to her 14-year-old brother who was sitting on a large riding lawn mower which the family had recently purchased second-hand. The lawnmower was engaged but was in a stopped position. The girl slipped and fell
Plaintiff, an experienced gardener, was mowing his employer's lawn early one morning. As he was proceeding down a steep incline his foot slipped and became caught under the blades of his power mower. He lost his right foot as a result of the injuries sustained.
Plaintiff, a 31-year-old man, was clearing brush from his backyard in a rented front-end loader. When the vehicle hit a tree branch lying on the ground the branch came into the cab and speared the plaintiff's stomach. The entire front side of the tractor was
A young woman sustained heart damage after ingesting an herbal supplement that she purchased as part of a cleansing program. The cleansing program was marketed and sold throughout Massachusetts and the United States via magazines, trade shows and the Internet. The plaintiff learned of the
The defendant performed a conversion of a handicapped vehicle for the plaintiff. Said conversion included installation of a Lock Base with an electronic control module. Plaintiff sustained severe injuries when his wheelchair, which was locked into the Lock Base unit, rotated, causing him to lose
Three-year-old girl was severely and permanently injured when her right index finger was partially amputated and mangled by the dangerous and defective set-up and collapse features on the Exerciser. The Exerciser's detent pin hole acted as a guillotine to unsuspecting consumers like this little girl.
An arthroscopic exam revealed a defect in woman's implanted knee prosthetic. As a result of this defect, the woman suffered severe and permanent physical and emotional injuries, has undergone medical and surgical procedures, has incurred medical expenses, has sustained permanent and disfiguring scarring and is
Man purchased a tube of self tanning lotion and used it as directed for about a month until he achieved the desired tanning effect. A couple of months later, as the tanning effect faded, the man noticed a linear discoloration across the top of his
The plaintiff, a married woman in her thirties, developed joint pain, fever, chills, rash, hallucinations and vaginal discomfort during two of her normal menstrual periods. Diagnostic investigation revealed a disease known as "toxic shock syndrome." The syndrome is characterized by the presence of a bacterial