Plaintiff was severely injured while dismantling an amusement ride at defendant amusement park when he struck a part of the ride known as a "pin" with a hammer. The pin shattered sending metal fragments into both of his eyes. Plaintiff charged that defendant negligently designed,
A 5-year-old girl was swinging on a new swing which she received for her birthday. As she was swinging backwards the chain holding the swing snapped and she fell backwards. The plaintiff has a broken neck and it is doubtful whether she will ever walk
A 6-year-old boy was playing on an outdoor swing. The swing could easily be removed from the chain, and in fact this is what the boy did. The boy then climbed the chain and slid down it. The second time he did this he slipped
Biker was riding his off-road bicycle in a park when the bicycle hit a rock and stopped suddenly, throwing the biker over the handle bars. The biker landed on his head and sustained serious neck injury, resulting in quadriplegia. At the time of the incident,
Girl sustained anoxic brain injury when a mini hammock became entangled around her neck, acting as a noose, and cutting off the air supply to her brain. The mini-hammock was defective as it posed a severe hazard of strangulation. The hammock failed to incorporate any
New Jersey teenager was killed when she drowned in a hot tub. Her body was sucked against the drain at the bottom of the hot tub and was held under water.
Minor child sustained injuries while roller skating with defective roller skates. Specifically, while skating, the brake stopper came off one of the child's skates, preventing her from braking and causing her to fall. Child and child's family sued the manufacturer and retailer of the roller
The 55-year-old plaintiff was on a second honeymoon with her husband in Bermuda. On their last day there they rented motorbikes. After riding for a while they pulled off the road into a rest area, bringing the bikes to a standstill. Thinking the motorbike was
Plaintiff and his family were camping using a propane heater designed for use in tents. A few minutes after plaintiff had adjusted the temperature, the heater caught on fire, igniting the tent. The plaintiff and his wife suffered severe burns. A gas leak in the
The plaintiff, a 15-year-old boy, lost the vision in his right eye when the swim mask he was wearing shattered, sending splinters of glass into his eye. Plaintiff alleged that the mask was improperly designed and manufactured. In addition, the defendant manufacturer failed to warn
A husband and wife died as a result of being asphyxiated in their deluxe family camper. The couple had activated a generator to power the air conditioning unit inside the motor home. The generator's exhaust system had been improperly designed and installed by the manufacturer,
The plaintiff, a 15-year-old boy, dove into a four foot above-ground pool and suffered severe injuries resulting in guadriplegia. He is confined to a wheelchair and lives in a home for severely physically handicapped children. Suit was brought for failure to warn and negligent construction.