Losing a loved one is extremely painful. It not only affects you emotionally but also financially. Consequently, you need to hire a wrongful death lawyer in Boston to help you get the deserved compensation to take care of your finances.
Wrongful death is an incident that occurs when a person dies due to someone else’s negligence. Even if the tragic accident happens unintentionally, the individual responsible for the incident needs to face the consequences set by the law.
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
When your loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence, you can consult a Boston wrongful death attorney for filing a case against the person responsible for the death. The attorney not only files the case on behalf of the deceased’s representative but also helps get the deserved compensation for the loss.
Wrongful death lawsuits are to help family members who were financially dependent on the deceased. The suit will handle all the legalities associated with the wrongful death and ensure that the deceased individual’s loved ones get the rightful compensation for their financial loss.
When Should You Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer
A wrongful death may be a result of someone’s negligence. However, there are many situations that qualify for a wrongful death lawsuit. They include:
- Car Accidents: If an individual dies in a car accident where someone else is responsible, then the deceased person’s relatives can file a lawsuit. In this case, the guilty party can be responsible for negligent driving, drunk driving, reckless driving, or others.
- Medical Malpractice: Mistakes during surgical procedures, misdiagnoses, or treatment mistakes can lead to an individual’s death. When someone dies because of medical malpractice, then the deceased individual can file a lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, or treatment center.
- Pharmaceutical Errors: If a pharmaceutical company fails to describe the side effects of its products and someone dies due to them, the deceased individual’s loved ones can hire a Massachusetts wrongful death lawyer and get their rightful compensation.
Why Should You Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer
When your loved one dies in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you have to deal with a lot of emotional and mental stress. At that time, you aren’t in a situation where you can file a lawsuit, collect proof, and prove in court that your loved one has died due to someone else’s negligence.
To file a lawsuit and handle it in the right way, you should hire a wrongful death lawyer in Boston. Why?
- Because the Lawyer Knows the Legal Context
There are several legalities associated with a wrongful death case. If you miss any of them, you may make your case look weak. An attorney understands all the legal areas associated with such a case and ensures that the case remains on track at all times.
- Because the Lawyer Collects Evidence
In addition to filing your case, the lawyer collects proof to strengthen your case. The attorney ensures that your case is solid in front of the judge.
- Because the Lawyer Settles the Claim on Your Behalf
From representing your case to collecting evidence and settling the claim, a lawyer can help you in many ways. In the case of negotiating with lawyers of an insurance company, the attorney goes toe-to-toe to ensure that you get the deserved compensation.
Do you want to know more about a Boston wrongful death attorney? Call Swartz & Swartz at (617) 742-1900, or toll-free at 1-800-545-3732.
If you or someone you know, needs help from a lawyer, contact the law offices of Swartz & Swartz, use our live chat, or send us a message using the form below and we’ll get in touch to assess your case and how we can help.