CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|HELP@SWARTZLAW.COM
///Products Liability – Flammable fabrics
Products Liability – Flammable fabrics2018-07-10T15:45:03+00:00

Tap Here To Send Us A Text

Products Liability – Flammable fabrics

Flammable Tent, Bedding

Three-year-old girl sustained severe burns resulting in death when the tent in which she was sleeping ignited after her bedding came in contact with a lit candle. The fire occurred in connection with a camp meeting event at the XXX campground. The girl's family attended the event and rented two tents and two campsites from

Pajama Top

On one Saturday morning in February, a young girl and her friend were preparing breakfast at home. When the young girl reached across the electric stove, the lit burner ignited the bottom of the pajama top she was wearing. The label on the pajamas indicated they were 100% cotton. The pajama top continued to burn

Uniform

Workers were catastrophically burned while wearing uniforms provided by their employer. At the time of the fire, the workers were trying to extinguish a fire that had started in a feed bin. In the course of their efforts, a flash fire occurred, igniting the workers' uniforms. While the flash fire lasted only seconds, the uniforms

Robe

The plaintiff, a 43-year-old woman, lit a cigarette and was walking in her apartment when, experiencing pain, she looked down to see her bathrobe was engulfed in flames. She suffered severe burns over more than 60% of her body. Examination of the robe revealed that the robe was composed of a fabric which when ignited

Pajamas

The plaintiff, an 11-year-old boy, was severely burned after the cotton pajamas which he was wearing were ignited by the burner on a stove in the family's kitchen. Several attempts to extinguish the flames were unsuccessful. Investigation revealed that the particular fabric used in the pajamas was readily ignitable, burned fiercely and produced a high

Child’s Nightgown; Trick Candles

The plaintiff, a 6-year-old girl was seriously burned over portions of her torso when her cotton nightgown was ignited by a "trick" party candle. Suit was brought against both the nightgown and candle manufacturers. Plaintiffs contended that the materials used in the nightgown were highly combustible and burned at a dangerously fast rate.

Carpet

A 63-year-old man was found dead in his home by firemen who were called to the home after a fire was reported by a neighbor. After investigation it was learned that the fire was started as the result of a faulty pressure regulator on the outside LP gas tank. It was also found that the

Poncho

The plaintiff, a 5-year-old girl, had been given a new plaid poncho, made from a synthetic material, which had a decorative fringe along its edges. The fringe caught fire, and the entire poncho was engulfed in flames. The girl sustained massive disfiguring burn injuries.

Child’s Nightgown; Space Heater

The plaintiff, a 5-year-old girl, was seriously burned over 60% of her body when her cotton flannelette nightgown burst into flame after it was ignited by flames from a space heater located in the family's bathroom. The space heater was not properly guarded so as to prevent fabric or other materials from coming in contact

Child’s Bib

The plaintiff, an 8-year-old child, was wearing a cotton terry cloth bib, decorated as a Christmas novelty, which he had received in a Christmas package from a relative in another state. While he was lighting an advent candle the bib came in contact with the flame and ignited, causing the plaintiff severe and disabling injuries.

Defective Match

The plaintiff, a 7-year-old girl, struck a match in order to light a candle. A spark from the match ignited the entire match book, which literally exploded in her hands, igniting the cotton flannelette nightgown she was wearing. She was burned over 70% of her body. The striking surface of the matchbook was improperly positioned

Permapress Shirt

The plaintiff started a fire near some junked cars in a field to keep warm during a cold winter day. He was wearing a permapress shirt composed of 50% cotton and 50% polyester under his jacket. Suddenly the fire seemed to explode and the right side of his head and right shoulder were burned. Investigation

Nightgown

A 3-year-old girl was playing with matches, while wearing a cotton flannelette nightgown which was not treated with any flame retardant chemicals. The nightgown caught fire and burned so rapidly that the child's entire body was enveloped in flames. The nightgown was designed so that it could only be removed by pulling it over the

Comforter

A baby girl and boy, ages 1-1/2 and 2, respectively, were on a comforter containing a polyster fiber-fill. This caught fire and melted into a hot napalm-like substance which clung to the exposed hands and faces of these children. The remainder of their bodies were covered by clothing which shielded them from contact with the

Playsuit

On July 9, 1970, a 10-year-old boy was wearing a playsuit which his mother purchased at a reputable department store. The playsuit caught fire and burned rapidly when it was ignited by a firecracker which a playmate had tossed in his direction. The child had no way of extinguishing the flames, nor could he remove

GET THE HELP YOU NEED!

SEND US A MESSAGE

To get help or to setup a free consultation, please call us directly at (617) 742-1900, or fill out the form below.

Products Liability - Flammable fabrics Products Liability - Flammable fabrics Products Liability - Flammable fabrics Products Liability - Flammable fabrics Products Liability - Flammable fabrics Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

MEET OUR ATTORNEYS

At Swartz & Swartz, P.C., we are very proud of our high-caliber legal talent, and we assure you that your case will get personal attention.
Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

Products Liability - Flammable fabrics

Products Liability - Flammable fabrics